There was something missing

Posted by Blue Goose


The time for action was at hand and there was something missing.  This served to be a great dilemma because the leader of the clan was coming up the pathway.  The look upon his face and the crud that was falling from his body was enough to tell what type of day had transpired.  I feared what would happen when things were not as they should be.


SLAM, the front door flew open and in crawled a short man, his hair was flying this way and that and the clothing about the squatting little frame was in tatters and  there were many little white fibers streaming from his hair. He began to make his way from the door toward the kitchen, and there was nowhere to go but into the grub room.   My thoughts began to run rampant through my head and for a moment it seemed as though granddad would fly into a rage; then it happened;

On the other side of the neighborhood a dog was barking and the cat was chasing a squirell up a tree (that poor cat could never catch a squirrell).  A caterpiller was sleeping in his cocoon and the snoring was keeping all of his neighbors awake and that what was the cause of the dog being annoyed to the point of desiring to pursue the cat, for he thought to himself, "well, if I can't sleep I won't let the cat sleep either.  For these my friends are some of the strange happenings that occur in the life of Case Maximal, the Son of Thun. 

The patio door creaked open slowly and the feet of a sweet grandmotherly figure strolled into the room bringing a breath of fresh air upon the rush of a quiet breeze.  The look of my face was a bit confounding to Granny, didn't she forsee what was about to take place in this very room, perhaps she had forgotten how Grandad liked his coffee, maybe the emptiness of the sugar container was an unknown fact to her, maybe I should run and hide while I had the chance.

That is when I saw the life saving bag come out of Granny's shopping box, it was nothing fancy, just a plain bag with the word SUGAR written on the outside.

Sweetie can you bring me a nice cold iced tea and don't put  any sugar in it.

What was I thinking? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors to The Blue Goose

The Fundamental Top 500
Powered By Blogger